The word Friend and Friendship, once seems to be so emotive and pure. Friendship is considered to be far stronger bond than other human relationship . We all have friends and we all have some really special friends. In today’s fast life and virtually connected world it’s much easier to stay connected with our closed ones. Hence accessing a friend is really easy now . So friendship has become a low maintenance relationship.
While I was a growing up I had very few Friends who still hold a special feeling in my heart and a strong bond keeps me tied to them .We now have different types of friends – Friends (The Real ones) , Work Friends . Friends of friends and partners, Social Network friends, Travel friends, Friends with benefits and what not.
Let’s take a while and analyse our self and how true are we to the purest and strongest relation called Friendship!
Answer the below questions for yourself:
- Let’s understand are we really friends to each other or are we just in close knit network where we are socially bound to be together?
- While we expect others to be available for us to meet, have fun, share things etc , Are we ourselves investing enough in the relationship?
- Do we really meet to share, talk, relax, reflect, bond over or we want something to update on social networking sites? Update, Upload, and Check-in something on the sites?
- Are we friends or are we socialisers?
- At last, what is my friendship worth?
There a no right / wrong answers / ranks / points but in the corner of your heart there will be a pinch or a sweet pain which means there is still a hope for you.
What can we do to about it , here are few things –
- Be honest to self and to your friends , Keep it simple – Remember your early childhood days ? Keep it the same way
- Give what you expect from your friend first.
- Accept the fact that we all are different , celebrating our differences will make our friendship more peaceful, interesting, and fun.
Man is social animal, we all have to maintain and manage relationships. The way we maintain relationship is a distillation of what lifts us above the rest of the animal kingdom.