A hearty quick bread with oats & wholewheat flour sweetened with honey and baked until golden brown.No knead no yeast bread from scratch!
Oats are among the healthiest grains. Pure oats are gluten-free whole grain and a great source of important vitamins, minerals, fibre and antioxidants. Oats are high in soluble fibre which makes it easy for any generation be it kids or adults to digest it.
There are few people who have allergies to bread, pizza, etc. but don’t realize that the actual reason for this allergy can be yeast and hence, they are not able to eat food which has yeast content in it. Hence, we bring to you, yeast free bread made up with oats and whole wheat flour, sweetened with honey, and baked until golden brown. This easy no-yeast recipe is ready in an hour!
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 1.5 cups oats
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tbsp flax seed gel (grind 1 tbsp flax seeds and mix with 2 tbsp of water)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees & grease the loaf pan. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon oats in the pan. Tip the pan back and forth to coat the sides and bottom with oats.
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients. Stir together white whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix all wet ingredients – Use a fork to beat flax seed gel, 1 cup oats, yogurt, oil, and 1/4 cup honey until well blended. Stir in milk. Gently stir the yogurt mixture into the flour mixture until thoroughly incorporated but not overmixed (excess mixing can cause toughening). Pour the batter into the pan, spreading evenly to the edges.
- Bake the loaf in the center of the oven until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 45 minutes (beginning checking at 30 minutes). Remove from the oven and place the pan on a wire rack. Allow to cool slightly.
- Serve warm. Honey Oats Bread tastes best when it is slightly toasted and buttered.
Honey oats bread is ready! Want some? Don’t wait to try out this yeast free bread and let us know your views in the below comment box.
To know more about healthy recipes, Click here