Although I am not a huge fan of eating cakes or muffins, but baking is my passion. By each day, your success rate of perfect baking improves. By success rate, I mean, Muffins need to be moist and spongy in texture.
Here, I bring to you another recipe which is made up of 100% whole wheat flour, which is moist, rich and brownie like. Muffins get ready in 30 minutes and they are great to make for your toddlers and kids. Snack, breakfast or lunchbox, these healthy muffins are great for any occasion.
Been baking almost every week now, Muffins and cakes are a part of our life. Not only my son but also my husband has been sneaking bites while I warm up my lunch or dinner.
Health Benefits – It uses whole and natural ingredients like whole wheat flour and banana unlike traditional banana recipes that calls for refined white flour and lots of white sugar. It has oil and ghee instead of butter.
- 1.5 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 Banana (ripe)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3-5 tbsp chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Grease the muffin tray with ghee and set it aside. Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Firstly, take 4 ripened bananas in a bowl and cut them into pieces and mash them. Add sugar to it and mix well.
- Now, add vanilla extract & oil to it. Stir well.
- In a separate bowl, add wheat flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and sieve them nicely.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture, add chocolate pieces to it and mix till it is well combined. Avoid overmixing.
- Transfer the batter evenly in muffins pan.
- Chocolate lovers can drizzle more chocolate chips over the batter. I have added dairy milk chocolate pieces.
- Place the tray into preheated oven and bake for 40 mins at 180 degree celsius.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan first, and finish cooling on a wire rack.
ENJOY the dessert and share your comments!
To know more about healthy recipes, Click here