Ever wondered how to put together your own perfect vegetarian cheese board? It’s actually quite easy! Try something new this lockdown.
Learn how to assemble a cheese board from start to finish with these simple step by step instructions.
Perfect for holidays, ladies nights, or everyday entertaining, cheese boards are a fun, versatile, delicious addition to any gathering!
Not only are they beautiful to look at and delicious to eat. but they’re also incredibly fun to put together.
And best of all, they have something for everyone. From different types of cheese to sweet and savory snacks to crackers and fresh fruits and veg, the best cheese boards leave no one behind!
Let’s get started
How to build your own perfect vegetarian cheese board
- Start with the board- Cheese boards are typically assembled on a slate or wooden tray, which may be square, rectangular, or round. But if you don’t already own one, don’t feel like you need to go out and buy one. You can also use a plate, a cutting board, or even a baking sheet. Any flat surface will work. I have used a round copper serving plate.
- Select the cheeses – Try to include a variety of flavors and textures by selecting cheeses from different families. A good rule of thumb is to include cheeses from a variety of different families. Some basic families include:
- Aged: Aged Cheddar, Gruyere, Gouda.
- Soft: Brie, Camembert, Goat.
- Firm: Manchego, Parmigiano-Reggiano, Edam.
- Blue: Gorgonzola, Roquefort, Stilton
- Select some savory- Add Olives, pickles, roasted peppers, artichokes, tapenades, almonds, cashews, or spicy mustards.
- Select some sweet– Add seasonal and dried fruits, candied nuts, preserves, honey, chutney, or even chocolate.
- Offer a variety of breads and chips- Sliced baguette, bread sticks, and a variety of crackers in different shapes, sizes, and flavors. You can also add chips and frisps
6. Garnish and you are ready – This is a great way to give your cheese board a seasonal touch. Use fresh vegetables, fresh herbs, or additional fruits to give your board the look and feel you want.
Here is what i have included:
CHEESE: Hard blue cheese, Soft herb cheese and Goat cheese
FRESH FRUITS, VEGGIES, AND BERRIES: Strawberries, red and green grapes. For Veggies – Fresh cucumber and Carrots
SAVORY: Garlic Stuffed Olives, Frisps,Chips,
BREAD: Bread sticks
DIP: Tomato salsa and Hummus
For more such recipes visit Food Fable section!